What is Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive?
4MATIC® all-wheel drive, the Mercedes-Benz specific AWD system, provides added traction and control to Providence drives. 4MATIC® is available on most Mercedes-Benz models and provides the following benefits:
- Enhanced grip during inclement weather (including rain, sleet, and snow)
- Ability to preserve strong fuel economy
- Distribution of power to the wheels that need it most
How Does Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive Work?
Wondering how exactly 4MATIC® works? In order to enhance your East Greenwich drive, it works in four ways:
- Braking, acceleration, and steering will depend on the force sent to each tire. 4MATIC® expands the power distribution in order to maximize the power sent to the road.
- Outside wheels take a longer path than the inside ones when you’re tackling a corner. The wheels will rotate at different speeds, and the 4MATIC® system monitors the wheel speed to ensure that you stay safe.
- This system monitors road conditions including patches of ice, loose dirt, and sudden rain change so that it can adjust the brakes and engine output as needed and maintain control via an electronic traction system.
- 4MATIC® AWD is able to send different amounts of torque to each wheel in order to maximize handling for optimal driving performance.
Which Mercedes-Benz Vehicles Have 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive?
- Mercedes-Benz CLA 250 4MATIC® Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz C 300 4MATIC® Coupe, Sedan, and Cabriolet
- Mercedes-Benz E 300 4MATIC® Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz E 400 4MATIC® Coupe, Sedan, Wagon, and Cabriolet
- Mercedes-Benz CLS 550 4MATIC® Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz S 450 4MATIC® Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz S 560 4MATIC® Coupe and Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz GLA 250 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLC 300 4MATIC® SUV and Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz GLC 350e 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLE 350 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLE 550e Plug-In Hybrid 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLS 450 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLS 550 4MATIC® SUV
Additionally, most Mercedes-Benz AMG® models include the AMG® Performance 4MATIC® all-wheel drive to further upgrade your ride.
Browse Our 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive Selection
When you’re ready, browse our inventory of new, used, and certified pre-owned Mercedes-Benz models to see which 4MATIC® model meets your needs. Feel free to contact us to schedule a test drive at our dealership near Cranston!
Explore our inventory of new, used, and certified pre-owned models with all-wheel drive today to see which one works best for your needs. If a model catches your eye or you’d like to further explore Mercedes-Benz technologies like PRESAFE® and ATTENTION ASSIST®, schedule a test drive at our showroom near Cranston.