What Is Mercedes-Benz ATTENTION ASSIST®?
The ATTENTION ASSIST® Mercedes-Benz technology helps to keep drivers safer whether they’re on long road trips or simply driving through Providence. Find out how the ATTENTION ASSIST® “take a break” Mercedes-Benz feature works below, then contact us for a test drive to experience Mercedes-Benz technology in person at Mercedes-Benz of Warwick near East Greenwich.
How Does Mercedes-Benz ATTENTION ASSIST® Work?
The ATTENTION ASSIST® system is an industry-first from Mercedes-Benz. With an innovative sensor and precise algorithm, it can tell if drivers are getting too drowsy to be on the roads. Here’s how it works:
- In the first few minutes of a drive, the system uses over 70 parameters to assess your individual driving style.
- As you continue on your journey, the system detects specific steering corrections which are indicative of the beginning signs of driver fatigue.
- ATTENTION ASSIST® then considers and accounts for several external factors, including road conditions and crosswinds, as well as how you are interacting with controls, buttons, and switches in the vehicle.
- If the system assesses all these factors and concludes that you are experiencing drowsiness or driver fatigue, it will sound an alert and suggest stopping for a break.
Which Mercedes-Benz Vehicles Offer ATTENTION ASSIST®?
The ATTENTION ASSIST® feature is available on most new Mercedes-Benz models, along with many other active safety features like Blind Spot Assist and Lane Keeping Assist. Below are the models that offer ATTENTION ASSIST® to Cranston drivers.
- Cars: C-Class, E-Class, S-Class, CLA, and CLS
- SUVs: GLA, GLC, GLE, GLS, and G-Class
- Roadsters: SLC, SL, and Mercedes-AMG® GT
- Commercial Vans: Standard on all Metris models
Learn More About Mercedes-Benz Safety at Mercedes-Benz of Warwick
Explore other Mercedes-Benz safety features like PRESAFE®, DISTRONIC PLUS®, or technology like the COMAND® infotainment display control system, available in various models at Mercedes-Benz of Warwick.