What is Mercedes-Benz DISTRONIC PLUS®?
How Do I Use DISTRONIC PLUS®?
If your Mercedes-Benz model is already equipped with this feature, you can find the DISTRONIC PLUS® controls located on a lever attached to the steering column. Take the following steps to operate this system:
- Move the lever up or down to set your cruising speed. Moving the lever up will increase your speed and moving the lever down will decrease your speed by one mile per hour.
- If you press the lever harder, the speed will adjust by five miles per hour.
- In order to cancel the cruise control settings, push the lever away from you or apply the brakes.
- To resume the last set speed, pull the lever toward you.
- The knob on the end of the lever adjusts the following distance behind the vehicle ahead of you. You can find the distance on the central screen.
- If traffic comes to a complete stop, the DISTRONIC PLUS® system will bring your vehicle to a stop. If the stop is longer than three seconds, you can resume the system by tapping the gas pedal or pulling the lever toward you.
DISTRONIC PLUS® was made for highway use, and the driver should remain aware of their surroundings at all times. If you have questions or want more information on this advanced system, check the owner’s manual or contact us at Mercedes-Benz of Warwick.
What Is DISTRONIC PLUS® with Steering Assist?
The DISTRONIC® Steering Assist features assists in keeping your Mercedes-Benz in its lane. This system monitors lane markings as well as surrounding vehicles to make steering adjustments. It can also monitor traffic in the lane to the left to help drivers avoid changing lanes when unsafe. DISTRONIC PLUS® Steering Assist also monitors the driver’s hands to make sure they are on the wheel for additional safety on East Greenwich roads.
Which Mercedes-Benz Models Offer DISTRONIC® Cruise Control?
The following models either come standard with the DISTRONIC® cruise control system or offer it as an available feature:
- Mercedes-Benz C-Class
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class
- Mercedes-Benz S-Class
- Mercedes-Benz CLA
- Mercedes-Benz CLS
- Mercedes-Benz GLA
- Mercedes-Benz GLC
- Mercedes-Benz GLE
- Mercedes-Benz GLS
- Mercedes-Benz G-Class
- Mercedes-Benz SLC
- Mercedes-Benz SL
Learn More at Mercedes-Benz of Warwick
If you want to learn more about this system or other systems like mbrace® or COMAND®, contact us at Mercedes-Benz of Warwick to schedule a test drive with one of our new Mercedes-Benz models. We look forward to helping you into the Mercedes-Benz you’ve been looking for.